Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A-Z like a Champ

This is a little food survey that has been buzzing around food bloggers so I decided to jump on the band wagon :)


A: is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?
I love MacIntosh apples when they are in season. I eat them with everything, peanut butter, yogurt, on top of oatmeal, and sometimes in a pie. 


B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
This is easy, bagels! I love bagels of any kind, this girl does not discriminate against carbs. Self proclaimed carbivore right here.


C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)
I have been hooked on frosted shredded wheat for the past month. Why? Who knows? :)






D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
I'm not a big doughnut fan. I have trouble with my blood sugar if I eat sugary things at breakfast. But, (there is always a but) I am half Polish and we have a tradition on fat Tuesday called "Packzi day". Packzis are the Polish equivalent of a doughnut, and so so so amazing! Since we get to eat them only once a year I treat myself to one, usually a raspberry jam filled one topped with powdered sugar, hey it's not called "fat" Tuesday for nothing.



E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
Scrambled por favor.

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
Yogurt, any variety. Although, I am loving Greek Yogurt at the moment. It has twice the protein and is super rich and creamy!

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
Wherever my Mom takes me which is usually Walmart. We are big eaters and need to save a couple of bucks.

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Chai tea of course! I am only mildly obsessed (hence the chocolate chai scones today!)



I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Chocolate is my favorite favorite favorite flavor. For a topping I would have to go with...more chocolate. My motto is, if it's not chocolate, then it's not dessert.

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
If I am making PB&J then there is no other option but grape jelly. If I'm just eating toast, then any flavor. I did make my own strawberry jam which was super delicious. 

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
Kashi crackers, holla! 

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
A spinach tortilla with hummus and spring mix greens and a side of prunes.

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
Instant oatmeal.

N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?
I love carbs but I try to not let them dominate my plate. I am a big supporter of protein and try to make sure I get a great serving at every meal.

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
I have no idea. Whatever the recipe calls for I guess!

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
Greek yogurt, almonds, milk, nut butters, and lots of beans (my favesies).

Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
I like my oats in my belly. Jokes aside, I like them any way really. Warm, cold, transformed into granola, I am up for anything really!




R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
I don't know how to roast anything but I am sure that my Mom has a killer recipe somewhere, adventure anyone?

S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
I love sandwiches! When I am at school I eat one everyday. I usually go with rye bread, turkey, honey mustard, lots of lettuce and tomato, and sometimes a slice of swiss cheese if I am feeling adventurous. In the dining hall there is actually a sandwich bar where you can get your sandwiches made right in front of you. I was such a constant visitor that many of the dining hall workers knew my order by heart! Yeah, I am pretty cool like that.

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
I haven't really traveled that much, but I am usually up for anything. Remember the octopus extravaganza? Yep, ate that sucker with only a slight freak out.



U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
A weird combo, hmm. I have no idea, but I do love eating frozen peas (and have since I was a wee lass). Not a weird combo, but kind of weird on its own!

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
I take a Walmart brand of a "One a Day Women's" multivitamin and Calcium citrate. My parents have always pushed calcium on me. In middle school, my Dad made me bring milk in a thermos every day. All of my friends got to drink juice boxes while I was stuck with the icky milk container that loved to leak. I am thankful for it now though and continue to take calcium at every opportunity.

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
Nay, I am not a spicy food girl whatsoever.

X: is for XC Foodie, why is she so awesome?
I do not know who this is (this survey has gone through many a food blogger and is now far from its beginnings). I, however, am pretty awesome because I am the author of Eat, Bake, Love, went running without music this morning, and made meatballs all by myself last night. I'm on fire!

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
Rice crispy treats. I remember making these with my Mama on a rainy day. The smell of melting butter and marshmallows take me right back to that day,  it's funny how much scent and memory are connected.

Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
I love grilled zucchini! But I also love it in my frittatas and zucchini bread

.

No comments:

Post a Comment