Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Case of the Missing Blogger

It's June! Can you believe that?

Isn't a new month exciting? You get to flip over a new picture on your calendar, which I absolutely love, especially because of my Audrey Hepburn calendar.

Before getting into a new post I must apologize for my absence the last two days, I've been busy busy busy! But I am back, so it's time to celebrate. Since it is the beginning of a new month, celebration is definitely in order. Plus, my bro and sis only have one more day of school! I am so proud of them! This weekend my little bro will be embarking on one of many recruiting trips. He is a phenomenal football player, standing 6'3", broad shouldered, and is often described as "lumbering". My brother plays on the offensive line as a center, if you do not know what this means this position basically includes him handing the football to the quarterback (again, this is the most simple definition!). He also has been on the varsity team since he was a baby freshman. So now, as he is entering his senior year of high school, many universities have been contacting him in regards to him playing football for their team. This weekend he and my Pa are heading up to Pennsylvania to visit Youngstown State, which is kind of impressive if you ask me. He is also heading to a recruitment camp at the University of Miami in a couple of months. I am going to miss him this weekend, who else am I going to watch Spongebob with?

I should whip him up something special in the baking department for Thursday, suggestions? I'm sure that I'll find something!

After an early morning run, making sure the bro and sis got to school on time, walked the dogs, and what not, I decided to do a little baking (I know that you can't see me right now, trust me your eyes are better off, but I have a crooked halo, teehee). I still have that list of things that I want to make over the summer that I shared with you all, it looks a little like this now:


1. Chai Tea Scones

2. Taco Chili

3. Pesto Pizza

4. Overnight Oats

5. Green Monster

Making progress! All that is left is the pesto pizza!

This morning I made chai scones, which smell heavenly. I popped in "Must Love Dogs" and went on my merry way bouncing about the kitchen gathering ingredients, all of which were very simple. Romantic comedy and baking, can you say good morning!

Recipe


2.5 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
3 bags of chai tea

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
With your hands mix in the oil until well combined. Add in the milk in three parts with your hands.
Separate dough into two balls and place on a well greased cookie sheet.
Flatten balls into a 1/2inch thick circle and cut into 6 wedges.
Place evenly on cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.

Original recipe: savvyeat.com

I drizzled melted chocolate on these scones for a little surprise :)


Yum!




Since both of the men of the house will be gone this weekend (and will be very much missed) I am thinking that I will tackle the pesto pizza for a girls dinner with my Mom, Sister, and two dogs. Yes, our house is run by estrogen. 

On to look for new laptops, since mine is slowly dying. First the DVD player died, then the battery died, there's a crack in the screen, and it sounds like a goose flew into the turbo engine on an airplane when it is up and running. It will be an adventure that's for sure!

Have a wonderful todayistheday!



1 comment:

  1. I'd like to let you know that I've become addicted to ohsheglows.com

    You are a terrible influence :P

    ReplyDelete