Monday, May 23, 2011

Less than Desired Weather

I am hoping, praying, yerning, pining, desiring, etc, etc, etc, for rain. We are in a serious drought! I woke up this morning to gloomy clouds, promising rainfall sometime today. I should learn how to do a rain dance, wouldn't that be a sight to see? Me with lipstick smeared across my face, appearing tribal, be-bopping my way around the front lawn with a makeshift rain stick (the kind you make in Kindergarten). Totally should be on my to do list!

I managed to get a run in this morning without get poured on, which was much appreciated. I don't know if the clouds helped block the sun making it cooler, or trapped the heat making it hotter. Six in one, half a dozen in the other really. Being the optimist I'll say that it made it cooler :)

Since the weather is just down right gross, I decided to fire up the bread machine for another bread making adventure. This time I'm trying my hand at whole wheat zucchini bread!

Recipe from Betty Crocker Cookbook for Bread Machines

For a 1.5lb loaf (12 slices, unless you live in my house then 8 slices) you will need:

3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp warm water (105-110 degrees F)
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup shredded zucchini



1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1.5 cups bread flour
3 Tbsp dry milk
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves

Add last!!
2 tsp active yeast





Combine all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order as listed.

Set bread machine to desired loaf size, crust color, and setting (I used the whole wheat setting).



Let it do its thing!

I love watching the bread machine mix all the ingredients, it is addicting and far superior than television :)

3 hours later...


Voila!! Zucchini bread! 


This bread was so delicious that it definitely deserved its own basket. I wonder how long it will last...

I'm sure that there is a similar recipe that you can use for an oven, if you so desire to make something similar (which you should!)

Regine went outside with me to take some pics of the bread, she is just so adorable! She is 3 months today and has gained 1/2lb in two weeks (she's up to 3.4lbs). So teeny tiny!


We also saw a Mama duckie and her little babies!


Cute babies :)






No comments:

Post a Comment