Friday, July 1, 2011

More Than Just a Foodie

Where have I been? Good question. Doing a little of this and a little of that is really time consuming. I know, I lead a life of fabulousity and all around coolness. Don't be jealous, envious shades of green never look good on anyone. 

I have been up to a whole lot of nothing today. I watched the rain. Awesome. Watched the Casey Anthony trial, Judge Perry is my homeboy. I have also been exploring different talents that I may just have, or not have. My sister has been trying to teach me how to play the flute. It is difficult. Actually, I am difficult. Apparently, I am not very good at controlling my lips. Who knew? I can play one note and I do not even remember what the note is called. All I know is that I am better at the low notes than the high notes. I will never stop being an enigma.

I did get to do a lot of errands with my momster today. One of the places we stopped at was a trip that I had especially requested. The fabric store. Since the flute lessons are not going so well, I have decided to try out my hand in sewing. As we browsed aisles beyond aisles of fabric of all different textures, colors, patterns, and shines, I found myself totally confused. It felt completely foreign. Thankfully, my mom is a fabulous sewer so she guided the way through what I had only categorized as a labyrinth maze with the confidence of a beauty queen. We both decided on a pattern that was most suitable for my lifestyle. An apron. 



I am so pumped to get to sewing because today the only thing that I did was measure and cut. I thought about giving up a couple of times after getting so frustrated. Sometimes you forget how to be bad at something that is new to you. It is a life lesson. But I am determined to have a nice apron that I made on my own volition. I come from a long line of seamstresses, so hopefully there is some hope that their genes have been passed down to me. 



After a long day of cutting fabric, my life is so difficult, my sister wanted to get out of the house and finally visit  wholefoods. So the girls had an adventure. We meandered throughout the market, oohing and ahhing at all of the appropriate food items. Commenting, smelling, drooling (more on my part than the other gals), all came together to make our after dinner venture a fun one. 

(I don't really know what chia seeds are, but I see quite a lot of food bloggers talking about them/eating them. I haven't done either but I did take a picture of them)

(For obvious reasons this had to be photographed)

(Now this amazed me, an entire olive bar. I had no idea that there were so many types of olives!)

(Interesting)

(I was hungry. This was beautiful. Do the math.)

(So true.)


I had every intention to bake today, but sometimes life is a little sweeter than any culinary creation that you can craft. I was with my mom today in Barnes & Noble looking for summer reading books when we came across the book 14,001 reasons to be happy. My mom pointed the book out to me as it surely looked like a book that I would thoroughly enjoy, and I told her "I have more reasons than 14,001 to be happy". And it's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment