Thursday, June 30, 2011

July Goals

Oh my divinity. It is the last day of June. How did that happen? I swear that just a week ago it was the beginning of summer vacation. I have never liked the month of July, usually because it has signified the beginning of the end of summer. Oh well, I will just have to suck it up. And go to the beach as many times as I possibly can. Since another rainy morning is upon us, I am finding myself stuck in the house watching the news (I hope that this kind of t.v. will not melt my brain, I am going to need it this coming school year). I kind of like/love this rainy weather. The sun isn't brutally hot, there is always a good excuse to take a nap at 3pm, and it is perfect movie weather at night, what else can a girl ask for?

Well, since the month of July is upon us, I decided to come up with some goals for the month of July. 

  1. Get a passport (very very important!)
  2. Bake the bread recipe that my Aunt sent me (how lovely!)
  3. Volunteering at least 2 times a week at Hospice
  4. Go on a day-cation with my sister and mom to the outlet malls (yay!)
  5. Write 2 articles to submit to blog sites for publication
I'm sure that there is a lot more to do than just those five things, but right now that is all I can think of! June was a pretty wonderful month! Here are just a few things that I am proud of this past month.


  1. Made English Muffins for my Dad on Father's day.
  2. The women that I work with for my volunteer job love me coming in! It is such a nice feeling to be welcomed and liked only after a couple of times working, even if it is only filing. I know my ABCs.
  3. I bought a skirt. I know this is a weird thing to be proud of but I have not owned a skirt in about 10 years. I just thought that I was not good enough for skirts. But I realized, with the help of my sister aka my shopping buddy, that I can wear skirts and that doesn't mean that I am a weak, dainty girl. Boo yah.
  4. I got hired to work with a catering company. I know, a job where I get to work with food!
  5. I have really worked on my blog and I am proud of that! I know that this blog is young and that I am a young writer but I have realized that I am going to have to work hard for this because this is what I love to do!
I hope that July will be a great month too, even though I know that it will be time for school to start again. This new school year will at least be a new adventure and I am always up for an adventure!

Have a lovely last day in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment