Monday, June 13, 2011

The Prize from a Cracker Box

Over the weekend, I discovered a secret surprise on the back of a box of triscuits (the best cracker ever!). 


Basil seeds! Isn't that exciting? It is like one of those bogo sales, buy a box of crackers and get a plant for free. Marketers should really adapt this to other things. I would definitely hit up a shoe sale if they were giving away plants for free. Maybe that's just me...But I am excited about growing basil, mostly because it is just so delicious!



I am an eager beaver when it comes to gardening. I just planted the seeds yesterday and had to put my nose in the dirt to see if anything had sprouted overnight. No sprouts yet, I hope it actually works.

After poking around the garden and researching frozen hot chocolate (still a little lost on that one, but I think an adventure to DD will assuage that) it was time for lunch. On the menu today was a whole wheat pita, cooked mushrooms, spinach, pinto beans, and a slice of pepperjack cheese. The cheese was all gloriously gooey, what more could a girl ask for. I topped the pita sandwich with salsa and served with my favorite thing ever, prunes! I am not even joking. I love prunes, I had no idea that they were dried plums, there is so much to learn about this world.




My baby sister is leaving for an awesome trip to Europe tomorrow and I am so excited for her! She will be away from home on her birthday, but gets to spend her special day in Paris! At some moments I think that I am tagging along too. I break out into a sweat and panic in the thoughts that I have not packed yet, booked my flight, or made reservations for a place to stay. Then I realize that I am not going, drop the suitcase from my eager hands, and pretend like I didn't just have a major weirdo attack.

That's just the kind of girl I am!




4 comments:

  1. your sister seems really awesome i wish i could be her

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wait, i am her

    ReplyDelete
  3. sister, if i didn't sit there and watch you write this i would be pretty freaked out.

    ReplyDelete