One of my favorite books when I was younger had a main character by the name of Rachel. It was a very funny coincidence. Anyways, the character Rachel was a lot like me: tallest of her friends, smart/geekish, and pretty shy. At night she used to get a case of what she described as "the what ifs" which I got too. (the beginnings of my hypochondriac tendencies). I have no idea what the book is called or who wrote it, I want to say Judy Blume but that's not right. Anyways right now I have a case of the "what ifs". It's a terrible ailment, usually ameliorated by chocolate, a good movie, and a great big hug. Since I have this shmancy little blog here I figured that I would use it to scribble down some of these "what ifs", in the hopes of feeling better and for a fresh start tomorrow.
- I never make it to Paris.
- I don't have a job when I graduate.
- I dyed my hair red.
- I moved to Washington
- I fail all my classes next semester
- My brother gets hurt in football
- I don't get a job this summer
- I go bald
- I become a teacher
- I move to France and never go back
- I never get married (I think about this a lot, mostly because my mom is always talking to me about wedding dresses, cakes, and ceremonies. I have told her many times that I may not get married because there is a very good chance that could happen).
- My writing will never make a difference.
- I don't make a difference
- I eat too much chocolate
- I don't eat enough chocolate
- I embarrass my parents
- I never graduate
- My computer dies
- Life is passing me by
- One day I forget to wear pants (I have this thought so so so often, sometimes I even freak out and touch my leg just to make sure that I am wearing pants. I am close to crazy.)
Ok, that's enough of that. Sorry to bog y'all down with my worry wart tendencies.
It's time for Police Women of Broward County!!