Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Who is Justice Beaver?

Hey hey hey! So those poptarts from yesterday? Yeah, only two left... That's how you know that you did a good job! I decided to take a break from the sweets today. Don't get me wrong, I have a huge sweet tooth but sometimes a girl needs some space. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?

Today has been so dreary and rainy! I woke up this morning to a hot and humid day, pretty normal weather. But soon and right before I was about to go out on a bike ride, the heavens opened up. Plan derailed. Despite the icky weather, the house was alive and kicking! We had one of my sister's friends over this morning for breakfast. The girls whipped up huge (and I mean huge) white chocolate chip pancakes. These girls have good taste! Luckily, there was a bit of a break in the rain showers so I got my bike ride in after all!

I really think that we should do a comparison of what my brother eats and what I eat because they are...so different. Today he had a huge plate of pasta and homemade alfredo sauce. He is definitely a good cook, we just have different tastes. Today, instead of alfredo pasta, I made black bean burgers. Woo! I always enjoy a good black bean burger and figured that it would be more cost efficient (not to mention more fun) to make them myself. So delicious! The sister even gobbled one up and gave me a thumb's up. What can I say? I have a way with beans.

Black Bean Burgers
{source}

1 can black beans
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped finely
1/2 small onion, chopped finely
3 small cloves of garlic
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp dried parsley

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

Rinse beans, put in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until a thick pasty consistency is formed.

Add chopped up green pepper, onion, and garlic, mix.

In a small bowl, beat egg, stir in worcestershire sauce, cumin, and parsley. Add to bean mixture.
Add the bread crumbs until the patties stick together.
Form into 4 balls and shape into a patty.

On a greased cookie sheet, place the patties equally apart. Bake for 10 minutes on each side.



I served my black bean burger on toasted whole wheat bread, spread with 1 Tbsp hummus, and a sprinkle of alfalfa sprouts, so good!!

yum alfalfa!

it's so cutie patootie


My sister made hers in the traditional burger way, with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, and mayo. She said it was super duper wonderful!

On to tackle the rest of the day!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment