Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Summer of the Foodie

Now that my summer vacation has officially begun, I am going to revamp my culinary skills with some much needed time in the kitchen. I received a bread maker for my birthday and I am so so so excited to use it. I just keep thinking about all of the possible recipes I can create! I love having all of this free time, time to actually be a human, and not some zombie student who only reads textbooks and studies. Not so fun. I learned so much this semester and know that Psychology is my calling, but a vacation is long overdue!

These are just a few of the recipes that I am itching to try out

1. Chai Tea Scones

These look like something my sister and I can really get into! We both love chai tea and eating, so I'd say that this is a match made in heaven! Plus, I really miss spending time with her so a little tea party will be a wonderful way to catch up.

2. Taco Chili

I love Oh She Glows! It is by far my favorite blog site to visit. The recipes are fantastic and Angela is such an inspiration. I look forward to reading it everyday, even though it makes me hungry for the goodies she makes! I think this little recipe would be something to share with my Mom, perhaps I will plan a little journey over to her work for lunch. If you are reading this Mom, hi!

3. Pesto Pizza

Another Oh She Glows masterpiece. This pizza looks amazing! I love the healthy spins that she puts on her recipes. Even though I am not a vegan, nor do I plan on being one, I can definitely appreciate this pizza! I think this is the perfect after the beach dinner. Can't wait for the beach!

4. Overnight Oats

Yep, another Oh She Glows recipe. Hey, I want to glow too! By now I'm sure that a majority of you know that I am absolutely in love with morning. That being said, I can't wait to try out some new breakfast recipes, especially some recipes that I can take with me to school. 

5. Green Monster

I swear, this is the last Oh She Glows recipe. I know that I am a little biased but I have been waiting a whole year to try out her recipes so I've accumulated thousands! Maybe not thousands, but enough to overwhelm my little blog. Nevertheless, this looks like a great after workout smoothie. I love spinach and blenders so there is really nothing wrong with this.

To all my friends, enjoy your summer holiday! :)

See y'all in the fall!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your baking and free time, and have a great summer! :)

    ReplyDelete