Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Simple is Not for Me

Howdy! You may have noticed a few slight changes to Today is the Day, looking spiff now eh? Being technologically challenged (like for real, I don't even know how to work an Ipod), it has taken me a while to figure out this whole blogging deal. I'm learning though! I keep thinking back to when I first started Today is the Day, it was green and blue polka dots! Betcha didn't know that!

This morning I decided to take my workout to the beach. I ran about 3 miles this morning in the wet sand, talk about a workout! It was so relaxing, the waves were roaring, little kiddies were digging in the sand, and middle aged women with leathery alligator skin sunned themselves. I feel so blessed living so close to the beach, it's like living in paradise. After the workout, I came home only to find that Snickers was sick to her stomach. She was sick for quite a while; I felt so bad for my little pup! Finally, two hours later, she perked up and her stomach quieted down. I am a worried mother when it comes to my dogs, they are my babies! What a morning!



Lunch today started out with a simple pita, but I never just stick to simple ;)



5 minute Pita Chip

1 pita
1 dash of seasoned salt
cooking spray

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (one less dish to clean, yay!)

Place pita on cookie sheet, spritz with cooking spray, sprinkle with seasoned salt (or any seasoning)

Voila!



Bake for 5 minutes (makes warm slightly crispy bread, probably can be put in for longer if you desire a crunchier chip).

I added 2 Tbsp of Spinach and Artichoke hummus and 1 cup of blueberries and strawberries.


Delicioso!

Ten un buen dia!

(Have a good day!)


Couldn't leave y'all hanging without a cute puppy picture :)



No comments:

Post a Comment