Friday, April 29, 2011

Odds and Ends

Happy Friday! Time to take a break from studying with a friendly salutation to my fans. Just kidding, I am certainly not at that fan level...yet! I need to be on my best behavior today, since I do have a final tomorrow. I will live every student's nightmare and go to school on both Saturday AND Sunday. Bye-bye weekend, hello tests. Oh the life of a college gal.

Funny Birthday card:


And my birthday flowers are blooming!


Thank you again Ms. Shelby for the flowers, I get so excited when I see them turning pinker everyday!

So I have this thing where I keep a diary. It's not so much of a "Dear Diary, blah blah blah" but a list of things I want to do and things that I am thankful for. If someone pays me a compliment or something impacts my life significantly I jot it down and date it. Whenever I am going through a rough patch I like to look back and read it. I always feel so much better after I do. As for the list of things to do, that is just a crazy long list that has everything from "get married" to "go to the Kentucky Derby". I'm telling you it has EVERYTHING.

So here is a shortened version :)

20 things to do at 20:
  1. Buy a lotto ticket
  2. Pay for a stranger's check at a restaurant
  3. Volunteer at an animal shelter
  4. Run a 5k
  5. Get a passport
  6. Learn French
  7. Try mood polish (have you ever heard of this?! Check it out! Mood Polish
  8. Volunteer with Big Brother's/Big Sister's
  9. Have a bake sale!
  10. Go to the beach on the west coast (it's crazy that I've never been since I go to school over here!)
  11. Try a ballroom dance class
  12. Buy a long boho skirt
  13. Make my own butter
  14. Learn how to play a song on the guitar (this one is going to be a stretch since I have zero musical ability, but I do have a sister who is very talented :))
  15. Work in the food industry
  16. Go golfing
  17. Go on a date
  18. Buy someone flowers
  19. Finish a crossword puzzle
  20. Watch "Casablanca"
Any suggestions? 


1 comment: