Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hungry Hungry Rachie

Today has been...slow. I feel like I have forgot to do something of importance. But, after cross checking my planner, calendar, e-mail, and other various forms on the web, I found nothing. I started out this morning with a yoga workout, pure loveliness. It was pretty early in the morning and it was cloudy outside, perfect conditions for slowly easing into the day. I got the workout from this website and I definitely recommend it. I also meditated for about 20 minutes, the last few minutes were torturous. In time, meditating will get easier again. I am pretty sure that I am about the only person on this campus right now writing about her morning meditation. In fact, I mentioned that I was a food blogger to several of my staffmates only to find glazed over eyes and uneasy follow up sentences. I guess that is a road block for some conversations.

Originally, I was going to blog about some vanilla protein oatmeal dish that I made this morning but it did not come out so well. The oats were crunchy and not very good at all really. The fun continued with a thorough cleaning of the apartment! Ok, this was far from very exciting or fun, but I have a roommate that will be moving in soon and I want to make a good first impression. Plus, I do not think that she would appreciate the fact that our living room was covered with poster papers, glitter, and fliers. I used to be such a neat person, what happened?



I did, however, make some no-bake peanut butter cookies/blobs! Woo!

No-bake Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
Ingredients:

1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups rolled oats

What to do: In a pot, brink milk, butter, vanilla, and sugar to a boil stirring constantly. Boil for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in peanut butter and add oats once the peanut butter has been thoroughly melted. Spoon about 1 Tbsp lumps onto a cookie sheet or a plate and pop in the fridge.



Voila! Tasty treats that whip up in about 30 seconds, for real.

Other than cleaning, the only notable thing that happened today was that it rained. I know, thrilling! I was stuck inside and desperately looking for residents, human contact, or a friendly roach to have a conversation with. I came up empty. Since it was monsooning outside, there was no where to go. So, I watched "Sabrina" which is a very good movie!





Latest obsession?


Frozen blueberries!




No comments:

Post a Comment