Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sunday Morning Muffins

I love Paula Deen. I swear that we could get along super well together. I love her shows and her little sayings and of course the butter! The other day I saw an episode where she and her son were making some lunch dishes. The main course was a sandwich, pretty healthy, but they served it with fried yellow squash and some super sweet dessert. "Two out of three ain't that bad"- Paula Deen. My hero.

So today I am working on some orange marmalade, so exciting! It will take about one hour, a long time but definitely worth it.

This past weekend, my sister and I made some amazing muffins! What else would you expect from a couple of gals who are craving a sweet breakfast treat? So we made blueberry banana muffins topped with a crumbly streusel.

Blueberry-Banana Muffins

[source]

2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 mashed banana
2 cups whole wheat flour (or whatever flour you have on hand)
2/3 cup sugar
2.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup blueberries

Streusel:
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp cold butter

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line or grease a muffin pan.

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the streusel topping. Use two knives to cut the chunk of butter into the flour mixture. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients, including banana and egg. Add in dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. For super amazing muffins do not stir too much, the batter should be lumpy! Gently fold in blueberries.

Pour into the muffin cups, the cups should be pretty full. Top with streusel topping. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Serve warm.


The streusel topping really makes this muffin amazing!

Voila! Delicious muffins for a lovely Sunday morning. Or any morning really.


I love these coasters!

Time to start packing for school again. I can't believe that I will be up there in just a couple of weeks! I have so much to do!

2 comments:

  1. When do you come upppp??? I miss you!!! LOVE YOU AND SEE YOU SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 2 weeks give or take! I miss you and love you too!!

    ReplyDelete