Monday, July 11, 2011

I Love My Pajamas

Hello, lovelies :)

So, I have a breakfast post for you even though it is clearly not the standard time for breakfast. But hey, it's 9am somewhere right? I reserve the right as a college student away from home to eat breakfast foods at any time of day. For some reason breakfast is particularly delicious at night. And midday. And midafternoon. And in the wee hours of the morning. It's just the best meal ever.

Since it has been grossly hot (blech) hot oatmeal is just out of the question, unless I crank down the air conditioning to a balmy 60 degrees. I have learned the hard way that I have no right and/or privilege to touch the air conditioning. No way jose. I would rather just wait until the head honcho aka the mom comes home from work and adjusts the air. So I decided that this morning would be an overnight oats kind of morning. Woo! Since I am always searching for new yummy recipes, I had to find a new overnight oats recipe. It's a good thing that me and ohsheglows.com are best friends. It took no longer than .09484 seconds to find a recipe that made me drool at the thought of it. Oatmeal raisin cookie overnight oats. Right? Super fabulous, I know.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Overnight Oats
{source}

1/3 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup milk
1/2 banana, chopped (optional, but we can all use some more fruit in our diets)
1-2 Tbsp raisins
1 Tbsp chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp cinnamon.

Here's the game plan: Throw everything into the bowl, stir, and pop in the fridge. In the morning, throw in some granola, badda bing badda boom, breakfast time.


Congratulations! You have just earned your degree in the field of delicious breakfast foods from the overnight academy. I am so proud.



You know what? I was feeling kind of down on myself today. It was a gross feeling, plus it was Monday, so yay. I know that so many people go through these things and more severe than this but wow it can be a bummer. All summer I have been working out, lifting weights, biking, and eating well. But still I feel like I should be so much healthier. I have come to the conclusion that my problem is: comparison. I compare myself to everyone. This blogger ran 8 miles today so that makes my 10 mile bike ride futile. I ate ice cream last night, that blogger never eats after 9pm. This movie star says this about health and fitness, I say that about health and fitness. Every single nuance of my life is compared to someone else. I'm talking every. thing. From the size of my bum to the miles that I run, nothing ever seems like an accomplishment when I read/hear/see someone doing it better/longer/or faster. I think I have been doing this my entire life and I just realized that today. What is up with that? I have no idea. But I believe things will be a changin'. For the better.

I realized today that it is a blessing to have just woken up. I got one more day, I know that some people were not as fortunate as me. I got to speed around on my bike, I know that some people don't even have legs. I got to volunteer at hospice, some people are in hospice care. Every negative thought soon turned into a beautifully positive one. There is nothing better than that transformation.

Instead of moaning and groaning about whatever new problem that I find with either myself or the world I should be greeting the world with a smile. Kind of like her...


How adorable? 

I love my pajamas too!!

I need a bigger sink...


Plus, I saw this picture today. 


tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment