Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Protein can be Girly

I woke up this morning to this:


Gross. I abandoned my usual running routine for something that is a little less impact, like Tae Bo. Yes, the one with Billy Banks that is usually featured on infomercials at 3am that you can't help but watch because you don't want to go to bed and changing the channel is far too much effort. We've all been there. It was a pretty good workout, very similar to the kickboxing class that I take at the rec center at school. You know what I really want to try? Piloxing! Pilates and boxing!

So after the "fat blasting workout", Billy's words not mine, I decided that what I needed was a good dose of protein to help with some of the muscular ouchies that I have become very conscious of. I dare say, it's a gorgeous greenie day!

Protein Princess Gorgeous Greenie
(Because protein is not just for dudes)

2 cups of spinach
1 cup milk
1/2 frozen banana
2 Tbsp wheat germ (can be omitted)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (or whatever you have on hand)

*If you don't have protein powder, add some yogurt!



Throw all ingredients in the blender and then let it rip! Add ice, sit back, and enjoy!


Bright and cheery green colors to contrast with the icky weather. I really hope it will rain!

I think I will make some chocolate chunk (yes, chunk not chip) cookies today for my Mama.





No comments:

Post a Comment