Friday, June 3, 2011

Fickle Weather

This morning my Dad and Brother left for Pittsburgh. I hate saying goodbye, it's one of the worst experiences that I have come across as a blossoming adult. Goodbyes are icky. I am really going to miss the guys this weekend. Last night I couldn't even sleep because I was worried about them either missing their flight or my brother having an accident at the recruitment camp. This is normal, I guess, for me worrying all of the time. When it comes to family I believe that I should have the right to be concerned. I'm praying that everything goes smoothly!

I did get to eat breakfast this morning with my brother, which is an event that seldom occurs. He is night owl and I am a morning lark, so we are on completely different schedules. Since we ran out of shredded wheat, I decided to make my usual cereal fix with hot oatmeal. Oatmeal, blueberries, banana chunks, almond nut butter, and granola, good morning! My brother had a cup of vanilla yogurt with dark chocolate M&Ms. We obviously have different tastes in breakfast.


My bro was also upset that I did not photograph his breakfast, but I have learned not to interrupt him while he is feasting (some people have lost fingers doing that). I am kidding of course. But I felt bad that I left him out! When he gets back I'll be sure to do a comparison of our feeding habits, pictures and all. 


The perfect bite (enter the hallelujah chorus here). 

After saying goodbye to the boys (which was too sad for it being so early in the morning) I went out for a bike ride. I checked the weather before I left because it was ominously cloudy and I got an all clear from the meteorologists. Not ten minutes into my ride did I get rained on! Whoops, it must be tough being a weather person no one can possibly be happy with what you have to say. Crossing that career of my list of options. Since the weather has been so funky and the clouds can't seem to make up their mind (even though I am rooting for rain, maybe I should just go outside it seems like the rain gods like to shower me with drip drops), I decided to put a little effort into my lunch today with a pita pizza.

Pita Pizza Recipe
1 pita
1 cup spinach
2 Tbsp hummus (any flavor that tickles your fancy)
1 Tbsp feta cheese
Spray olive oil
Season salt (to taste)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray pita with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook spinach until wilted and delicious. 
After baking the pita, spread hummus, layer spinach, then sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.


Voila! Pizza for one!


I cut the pizza into four slices and appropriately devoured it.

I started some raisin bread in my bread machine (my favorite toy ever) and watched "Beauty and the Beast". That movie always gets to me and is by far my favorite Disney movie. I love that Belle loves reading and I would definitely react to the enormous library the way she did, in shock and wonder. 

This afternoon the girls and I went on a little walk, I was hoping that the weather finally made up its mind and would not rain. It didn't and was absolutely lovely! Gorgeous weather after an iffy start is fine by me!


Sunshine and leaves, that's the way summer should be!



Miss Regine had fun trying to chew a tree root, oh the wonders of being a pup.


Snickers was a happy girl, which was nice to see after her meltdown this morning when the dudes left.



Have a great day lovelies :)








No comments:

Post a Comment