Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rainy Day Eating Adventures

Good afternoon y'all!

So, the blogger website has finally been restored! Hooray! It was very difficult to not update my posts for a couple of days, especially when such wonderfully tasty treats were created but I guess that's the price of technology. The other day I severely burned my hand, which was a delightful surprise. Not. It hurt like the dickens. I was microwaving chopped up sweet potato for a kasha dish I was working on because I was not feeling well, I went to open the cling wrap that was covering the container and a wash of unbelievably hot steam scorched the top of my right hand. Way to kick a girl while she is down, right? Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day nursing a lame hand and a random head cold. We all have our off days, it was just my turn. Lesson learned, though, about the dangers of steam. 

The other night I went to my brother's practice football game, which was really wonderful because I got to see the baby bro play. He is great at his position and truly loves the game. I am so proud of all of the things that he has accomplished! At the game we sat next to some old family friends, as usual. The parents of this family were asking me about college and how everything was going. I informed them that everything was going great, which it is, and that I am loving my time at school. The father then asked if he could be the captain of my boat (or my yacht) when I am rich and famous. I acquiesced right away! I love boats! He then asked me what my major was, to which I replied Psychology. That information made him change his mind saying that "Oh, well in that case I will be maneuvering your little row boat". Funny. But the joke is on him. I am not in a career for the money, I am in it for the happiness that it will bring and for the lives that I will change. No amount of money can ever buy me that and I feel for him if he believes that it does.

Otherwise things have been peachy keen jelly bean. It has been raining lately so I have been a busy bee in the kitchen making breakfast cookies, whole wheat bread, strawberry jam, and peanut butter granola. Yummmm!!

Beast Mode Breakfast Cookies

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded sweet potato
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup water
1/4 cup walnuts
1 egg
shredded coconut for garnish


  1. Mix dry ingredients
  2. Mix wet ingredients
  3. Form dough into 6-7 cookie balls, form into discs on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes 

Voila! Delicious breakfast cookies to get your beast mode on!


Latest obsession? Almond nut butter!! So amazing! My Mom gives it two thumbs up :)


Yummmmmmm :)


No comments:

Post a Comment