Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Buongiorno!

Attrevisimo! Ci, that is Italian folks and it is slang for "let's cross over" in reference to becoming chums. If I could go anywhere right now it would be to Florence, Italy. Whenever I tell friends about my lustful desires to immerse myself in the beauty of Florence, I always get the same reaction: "Why?". I do not think that it is particularly strange to desire a venture to Florence, it's not like I want to go to some slum or dangerous terrain, just simple and magnificent Florence. I better brush up on my Italian if I want to make that happen!

In reality, all I need is a globe, like those Elementary School globes that were so fascinating as a ten year old. They are still fascinating as a twenty year old. Nevertheless, if I had a globe, then I could map out all of the places in the world that I crave to experience. I am utterly entranced by the notion of being absorbed into a foreign entity.  Since entering a university with such a large campus with maps that are less than helpful, I have come to enjoy being lost. Well, maybe not enjoy, perhaps accept in a amiable fashion is a better way of putting it. I also have honed my packing skills. If I were given the challenge to pack for a month's vacation to Europe in ten minutes I would meet and defeat that challenge.

Channeling that Italian vibe, yesterday I made the most wonderful pasta dish that I have ever had the pleasure of creating. It was essentially designed to be a vegan recipe, but I could not bear to eat a pasta dish sans cheese. That is just blasphemous. It was, of course, adapted from Oh She Glows. A few minor changes due to lack of ingredients, but with a little imagination a great dish!

Attrevisimo-Kinda-Vegan-Pasta-Recipe

1 Serving cooked pasta of your choice (I used Fettucini because it's fun)

Sauce:
10 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup water
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Dash Oregano

Toppings:
Fresh basil leaves
Parmesan Cheese




  1. Cook pasta as directed
  2. In a blender add in 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup water, and tomatoes. Puree!
  3. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high, add minced garlic clove and brown.
  4. Add blender contents to the skillet and bring to a simmer for 2 min, adding water to thin sauce if desired. Add a dash of oregano for extra flava.
  5. Add sauce to drained pasta, stir.
  6. Garnish with a sprinkle of cheese and wonderful basil leaves.
  • Note: Sauce makes two servings!

Saved some for my sis, who gave it two thumbsupskis! She's a pasta lover fo sho!


Delicious! Who knew ground up walnuts could be so amazing?



1 comment:

  1. Florence? I thought you were aiming for Paris?? Both? :)

    ReplyDelete