Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today is the day to: Be poetic

Poetry is painting with words. Words are the oil paints and your mind is the canvas. The visual imagery and fanciful words create the utmost beautiful sceneries. Poetry takes your mind on a mini vacation, suddenly the world melts away and all that you are cognizant of is the image of a utopia. As I find poetry a sort of healing, medicinal regiment for the soul, I will share with you one of my favorite poems written by Emily Dickinson.

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

I think it is one of the most lovely pieces of literature I have ever had the pleasure to read. While I cannot analyze the meaning or the rhyme pattern, I am able to break off a little piece of the beauty and hold it close to my heart. Truthfully, I have no idea what I am going to be, career wise. I am lost in that regard. I do know one thing, one special thing, that I was destined to help people. So this poem offers a little encouragement in that I might not end up with a career that offers a myriad of benefits or a large salary, but I will end up saving the world. :)


Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to my obsession. My kindle. It is the sole high tech item that I have in my possession. Because, yes, I am one of those people who wander the Earth sans Apple products, touch screen doodads, and whatever a droid may be. Whatever it is it does not sound too amiable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment