Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Sister

Today I did my usual technology laundry, returning e-mails, commenting on newly tagged facebook pictures, and especially maintaining this little blog. After yesterday's little rant and raid about the whole being stood up thing, there were many comments and e-mails offering words of wisdom, condolences, and an overall acknowledgement of this lone guy's lack of respect. I was also notified that my blog had been linked to someone's tumblr account, because I have super secret powers in viewing the amount of hits my blog receives and where they come from. I was curious, to say the least, who was recognizing my silly little blog on their tumblr page, especially because I do not even have an active tumblr account. . It happened to be my sister's. My lovely, beautiful, musically talented sister whom I love with my whole heart. The fact of the matter is that she was not too happy with yesterday's events either. Proof that blood really is thicker than water. So, this blog is dedicated to her.

My sister is my best friend.

Without an inkling of a doubt, I bestow to her the title of 'best friend'. We get along so well, even though we are separated by four years. The strangest part is that we are so different in character, appearance, and interests, yet we are inseparable when I am home from college. To start off, she is tall. Taller than me, in fact. This little factoid is one that she will never let me forget, since I am the older of the two of us. She is also a wonderful dresser. She has her own unique style that unduly expresses her equally unique personality. She has even made some of her own pieces of clothing, clothing that looks as if it were taken off the shelf of Forever 21. With her funky little Oxford shoes, love for dresses, and disdain for jewelry she exudes confidence in herself, a confidence that I am not sure that I will ever develop. I am blessed to have her as a sister because I would have never dressed in a socially acceptable style like I do now.

My sister has the best taste in music.

Hands down. She is always subjecting my ears to some newfound artist or group, many of which turn out being fantastic. She introduced me to Florence and the Machine and Arcade Fire. The latter of the two being my absolute favorite-without-a-doubt-couldn't-live-a-day without group. Her nose crinkles in disgust at the sound of Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and heaven forbid Taylor Swift. Without her, I would never have been as musically inclined as I am today, and for that I am truly grateful.

My sister makes the best salsa.

My sister also makes me laugh. The kind of laughter that is uncontrollable in which tears and a rather large stomach pain ensue from it. What do we laugh about? I have no idea. Sometimes from the crazy things I say, sometimes from a funny picture of the two of us, and sometimes from the inside stories that we share. We watch SNL together, which inspires much of our funny moments, not from watching the show, but from using funny lines from the show in our own lives.

My sister likes tea.

My sister and I like to go to Starbucks and meander in stores, sipping whatever tea concoction that we have ordered. We look at clothes, furniture, boys (I try to embarrass her on this aspect but always end up looking like a crazy person), and books. She usually has to deal with the hyper behavior that I display after having too much caffeine, leading to a many interpretive dances to random songs at red lights as we drive off from a day well spent doing nothing. We once spent an afternoon reading a book in Target that had unusual little facts. Did you know that Hitler had an obsession with hands and that he carried a notebook of sketches of famous people's hands? My sister knows that.

My sister is beautiful.

Check out her tumblr for those who wish to be musically inclined or those who are fans of Arcade Fire.

http://shouldhavenamedyoulaika.tumblr.com/


1 comment:

  1. That means you've been linked to two tumblrs then cause I put a link awhile back on mine. You so popular :P

    ReplyDelete