Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today is my anniversary! Well, today is my blog's anniversary but it's practically the same thing. Today is the Day has been up and running for one month exactly. I started this blog on a whim. It was the last day of spring break, a Sunday. I woke up knowing that soon I would have to return to campus and bid adieu to my family yet again. It was a sunny, beautiful, and early. As I laid there in my bed reminiscing the sweet dew of slumber, suddenly I thought "I think I will start a blog". So I popped out of bed, whipped my laptop out, and then went online in a quest to find out how to start a blog. I had no idea where to start, so I turned to the omniscient site that we all know and love called Google and simply searched "How to start a blog". With a little magic, I was sent to this site, entered in a little information and voila! A blog is born.

The trouble with this kind of communication is that I often talk about nothing, but all of this nothingness has meant more to me than so many somethings. It has whetted my desire to write and has served as an emotional outlet. It's hard to fathom that a blog that was based on such a capricious thought could end up having so many positive outcomes. Not only has it helped some of my readers, it has helped me. Sometimes, in those low moments, when you think that you may be the only being on the wretched planet to be suffering from emotional, psychological, and physiological turmoil, a kind ear is all you need for a cure. This blog is that kind ear. The one in which I am able to oppugn ideas, thoughts, heartfelt words, and some delicious recipes. Sometimes with a response and sometimes with no response, either way it has been sent out  into the void that is known as the internet. Ultimately lifting that ugly little beast called doubt off of my shoulders and leaving me at peace to do more important things, like bake.

What I adore about this blog is my couple of readers, a big shout out to you few five! Your encouragement for me to write is something that I hold in a special place in my heart and means the world to me. So thank you for reading, commenting, and your lovely encouragement. Stick with me for just a moment longer, I'll figure out my way eventually.

Here's to the blogs to come! 

3 comments: